Tuesday 30 April 2013

Lemmings? Why Lemmings?

The package I was so eagerly waiting for has arrived.  It contained five piCture pOlish, er, polishes, three of which I'd been eyeing for ages but had never deemed completely necessary for my collection. I figured there was very little room on my rack for new polish and I couldn't really afford it. However, when I heard that Revolution, originally a base coat for the easy removal of glitter, could be used as a top coat for foils, I was sold. 

PiCture pOlish has Everyday Deals where you can pay for four polishes and get one free or buy seven bottles and get two free. Since I was buying four, I figured I might as well get the fifth one free. 

On the left is my longest-time lemming from the brand, Monroe, a dark red jelly with scattered holo glitter. On the right, a month-old lemming, which I could not wait to get my hands on. 


The next two, I've also had wanted for quite a while. I first saw Peacock on Pshiiit some time last year. She has very dreamy photos, which made me fall in love straight away. Then, when her collaboration shade came out, I fell in love with it too.


Finally,  I chose Dorothy as my gifted shade. I like the whole range piCture pOlish has in offer, but let's be honest, those girl know how to mix glitter/flakie/scattered holo in jelly polish and make it look like a million dollars.


I'm so itching to do a manicure or just a plain old swatch but I have an exam tomorrow and I really need to study. Cannot wait for all this glittery, jelly goodness to be on my nails... and foils. Let's not forget the foils.

I just googled the word lemming and this little guy came out.

Source
 English is not my first language. Even though I've been in Australia for 13 years, sometimes I discover words, like lemming, that are given a meaning and then discover the original meaning. How did this little rodent's name become synonym to a desired, unattainable polish bottle? Anyone know why that happened? Would you care to enlighten me? :)


Till next time, 

Laura

P.S. Well, Google came in handy again and I found out why. If you weren't aware, check this out or the comment below by Jessie and Alicea. Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your hands on some piCture pOlishes! They look gorgeous! I got my first three piCture pOlishes recently - three glitters which I have yet to try, but they look amazing too.

    I believe that the polish-term lemming came about because the animal lemmings are known for following each other to jump off cliffs for no particular reason. So, in the polish world, lemming refers to polishes that you want to get after seeing other bloggers swatch them. I think. >__>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! It makes sooooo much sense!!! And I find it utterly hilarious. I think that's made my night. Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. congratulations on your picture polish polishes. i'm sure you will love them as much as i do (read i have quite a few lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I can do them justice when I get to taking photos.

      Delete
  3. I love these swatches!I went and splurged recently on kryptonite, cosmos, starry night etc. and also used the Everyday Deal. I was wondering whether or not to get Monroe, Dorothy, Pshiiiit and Peacock actually though so this is definitely helping me make up my mind! :P

    PS. what does a glitter base do? I'm nuts over nail polish but I actually know very little (thus far)..... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. * swatches, I mean pictures haha :)

      PPS. Yeah I also think "lemming" refers to copycat-ing, a la suicidal lemming behaviours xx

      Delete
    2. They are beautiful, rich shades and as you'd know, they all have awesome formulas. I would highly recommend them.

      I used Revolution as a glitter base, which basically made the usually lengthy scrubbing process of glitter removal much quicker. I've got the post lined up but there's a few reviews on the blogsphere, if you want to check them out. Try Pshiiit or Th Polishaholic.

      Hope I'm not being too detrimental to your budget!!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...