Wednesday 16 October 2013

33 Day Challenge: 3D

Oh yes! Day 11 of the challenge has come. I love sticking stuff to my nails and when I came across this manicure at the beginning of September, I knew I wanted to recreate it. And recreated it I did. Everything minus the zebra nail. I also did this a couple of weeks ago, which means I won't be late for the 3D prompt. Yay!



I used two coats of Sinful Colors in Blue By You and one coat of Seche Vite as a base. On the ring finger, I applied one coat of Ulta3 in Clear and got myself sticking differently shaped rhinestones at random. I made sure the 6 or 7 colours I used were distributed on the nail and that I didn't end up with the same colour rhinestone adjacent to each other.



I got really picture heavy in this post but there is another version of the manicure after the break.

This mani was so shiny, colourful and pretty in real life. I couldn't stop looking at it. I even kept it for about four days.






If you clicked on the link of the original manicure (if you didn't, check it out here) you may notice I'm missing the little round studs. I wasn't confident I could make it look good as I can be kinda impatient and sloppy sometimes but I gave it a go anyway. I made sure to take photos before I didn't like the  mani and had to restart it all over again.

Luckily, I did like it with the round studs. I top coated it with Seche Vite as some of the rhinestones and studs started to loosen up and I didn't want them coming off. I also applied some holographic blue foils over the blue polish but you can't really see the holo effect, it still is a very pretty royal blue colour that I seem to be in love with right now. I topped the foiled fingers off with two coats of Revolution by Picture Polish and one coat of Seche Vite.




I was very tempted put rhinestones on all my fingers and have a very in-your-face-mani but I decided against it since you know, I have to go outside and it felt like too much for everyday activities. 


I preferred the first version of the mani better but after wearing the second one for four days, I managed to really like it and it hurt a little to take it off. 

Check out the other ladies participating in the challenge.







2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I definitely need to try something like this soon. Great job!! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would love to see what you come up with too!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...