Friday 31 May 2013

It's My Birthday...

...And I can cry if I want to 
Cry if I want to
You would cry too if it happened to you 
*Catchy tune plays*

This song just pops up in my head every time there's a birthday. Today, it just so happens to be mine. Woohoo! And there's nothing to be sad, no Johnny hasn't given Judith his class ring. It is, however, the last day of semester so I'm gonna quickly show you two of my favourite polishes. I used two coats of Choose Me! by essence and three coats of theBalm's You're so Hot and Gold, which I've previously reviewed here (please ignore the stamping bit, it's terrible!), as an accent. I love how sparkly these polishes are and both formulas are pretty amazing. Topped the blue with one coat of Seche Vite and the gold with two as it can get a bit gritty.





I've used Choose Me! a couple of times before and about a fifth of the bottle is already gone. I know essence is not selling it anymore since the bigger bottles came out and I'm a bit heart broken. I believe Choose Me is a dupe for Catch Me In Your Net by OPI, which is nearly impossible to find, and Charla by Zoya, which costs around $20 for Aussie buyersat the time of posting. I'd love to splurge on a bottle but I just cannot justify it at the moment. I guess if I use it for special occasions, I'll be able have it for a few years.  



I couldn't capture how sparkly and deep the shimmer in Choose Me! is but please take my word when I say it is a stunner. If you own it, you would know what I'm talking about.

Are there any polishes that you seldom use because you know you can't reasonably replaced them? Or do you keep polishes for special occasions?

Til next time. I'm running off to finish assignments, eat french food and very likely have some cake.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...