Sunday 12 May 2013

Face Of Australia in Funky Town

Funky Town, 

I saw you at Kmart a couple of weeks ago and I almost got you but unfortunately I saw Boogie Wonderland first and it stole my heart. Today, I wandered into the same shop and saw you again. I thought 'Why not? I have the funds to purchase your pretty little bottle'. To my surprise you were only 71 cents! Pity you were the last one there or I would have grabbed another one to gift. 71 cents! You have become my cheapest polish ever!

I must admit, you have so much potential to be amazing but there's something about you that stops me from getting my mind blown. I mean, look at that periwinkle blue base with hex silver, blue and black glitter all over you. What's that? You have larger hex gold and black square glitters too? I can see all the glitters you mention but I'm sorry to tell you the black square glitter hasn't made an appearance yet. 


After two coats of your slightly thick but very manageable formula, you became very opaque but I couldn't see the glitter from the first coat anymore. I hope you aren't trying to hide anything. I must give you credit for being fast drying, allowing the glitter to come up with the brush and not having to dab it to get good placement. 


I think I know what's bothering me. The glitter looks very dense in the bottle but it doesn't translate to the nail. I'm not mad, I'm just a tad disappointed.


Is that a square glitter I see in the middle? Why couldn't I get it on the nail?


You also dried quite chalky and bumpy so I had to add a coat of Seche Vite to make sure you evened out and shone like you should.



Funky Town. It may seem like I'm complaining a lot but I like you. I really do. I wouldn't consider you my favourite but I hope we can remain friends. You have so far taken the title of cheapest polish in my collection, something I think may take a while to beat. Maybe if I layer you onto another polishes, we can have a close relationship. We'll see.

Until next time, 

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...