Monday 10 February 2014

Rimmel Salon Pro Get A Nail Tan 708

Over the last two months I have bought and received a lot of new polish bottles. It was Christmas, Boxing Day prices were irresistible and general awesome sales popped all over the place, all which helped my collection grow by about 50-ish bottles. I'm not sure whether I should cringe at my lack of self-control or rejoice at all the beautiful, non-duped little containers of colour. I would say I buy polish to enjoy and play around with and not necessarily to show on the blog. With this in mind, it's not surprising that it's been a while since I've done a post about a straight up swatch but today I had to show one of the best purchases of the last eight-ish weeks. 

I present to you, Rimmel Salon Pro in Get A Nail Tan 708. As the name mentions, this is a light tan creme leaning ever so slightly to pink. The formula was nothing to rave about but it dries quickly and mostly stays where you put it with the bottle's flat brush. It's opaque in two coats and it's shiny enough by itself; there's no balding, dragging or other annoying polish issues. This is a good polish in my eyes. 


Why am I saying this is so great? Well... I've mentioned many times in this blog nudes, the beige/pink/light ones, and I don't really mix. It's only recently I had a light-bulb moment where I realised that the natural pigmentation around my cuticles didn't allow me to achieve that stylish mannequin hands look that I had seen floating around on the blogsphere and so much desired. This polish doesn't give me that look but it's a little more in sync with my skin colour that makes my nails look clean and, er, polished. Yeah, I'm in love.


I had previously bought another polish from the same Rimmel line but it was streaky, it took forever  to dry and it had bad formula all round. I bought this colour because I knew it would be unique in my collection and it was half price so if I got a bad formula again, it wouldn't be the end of the world. 


Is the light hitting the polish differently in the next photo? No? Never mind. The revelation that there is nude colour for my hands is a big deal for me!


I have Nubar in Toasted Marshmallow, a polish I would use whenever I wanted a sober, subtle manicure, and I thought it would be similar to Get A Nail Tan. By looking at the bottles, I could tell they were on different sides of the spectrum but I still wanted to show a comparison just for the record. As you can see, TM is a mustard tan and GANT looks a little bit more pink.


I found my nude. And I can be happy about that.

Until next time, 

Laura

4 comments:

  1. Wow!
    These nude polishes look amazing on your nails!
    I really like them!

    Xx Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T-hehe... thanks! I'm so glad I have finally have found a nude that suits me!

      Delete
  2. The nude from Rimmel really suits your skintone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olive skinned people finally deserved a nude!!! And I'm glad to have spotted it at the shops!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...