Friday 5 July 2013

Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Azure

At the beginning of this week, I was unpacking a bag of new clothes that I had laying around for almost a month and when I got to the bottom of it, I found a bottle of Sally Hansen Lustre Shine in Azure. I had, and still don't, no memory of the moment when I bought it. I could only imagine I bought it with the last lots of Sally Hansen Lustre Shine bottles I got as the Chemist Warehouse is next to the clothing shop. It must have been an impulse buy because I wasn't really lusting after it and when I saw the colour I wasn't overly impressed.

Azure is a royal blue shimmer with a strange formula. Swatch below done with three thin coats and one coat of Seche Vite.


The first coat went on very sheer but the second and third coats evened the colour out nicely and each coat dried quickly. That's where the good ends. Unfortunately, the shimmer was very streaky and it had some bubbles I couldn't get rid off with the brush. The bottle had been sitting on my rack for a couple of days at room temperature, so I'm not sure what caused the bubbles. 

Considering Lava, Copperhead and Scarab, all from the Lustre Shine range, had duochrome shifts, I was a bit disappointed that this one didn't have the slightest colour change when tilting my nails. :( 


I have similar colours with better formulas but considering this bottle was $4.99, I can see why I bought it. 


Another plus for this polish: When I cleaning this up, the shimmer didn't go everywhere. I'm guessing it's got to do with the sheerness of it.


I didn't just want to wear plain blue so I added some sponged on tips with Sally Hansen's Scarab.


It's a rough gradient, I know. I decided to cut up my trustworthy gradient sponge but it  seems the inside was much more absorbent than the outside so whatever polish I'd put in it, it'd absorb it leaving no polish on my hands. Weird... I'll just have to pop in to the $2 shop for some more.


If I had been conscious of my purchases, I would have given Sally Hansen Lustre Shine in Azure a miss. There are plenty of royal blue shimmers out there that don't streak and are opaque with less coats. I should know, I have at least two others in my stash. ;)

Till next time, 

Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...