Tuesday 19 March 2013

Welcome To The Jungle

For a small period of time, I was trying to do really hard nail art. Frustration started to set in because it did not look good, which made me come to the conclusion that I didn't have a lot of practice and that maybe I should start with simple nail art.

I present to you, my second attempt at leopard spots on an accent nail, first attempt was a little too even. I started with two coats of essence's Gorgeous Bling Bling, dotted the gold on my ring finger using a Sportsgirl nail art pen and completed the leopard print with a Topshop black nail art pen. I finished it all off with a coat of Rimmel Pro Matte Finish.


Tasha did an awesome version when this blog first started, you can see it here, and I always thought this print would be hard to achieve. I'm so glad to be wrong.

This is the shiny version. Call me boring, predictable or anything else that may come to mind, but I always like the matted version of my manicures better. I feel the lack of shine brings out the colour and effect of the polish better. For example, you can see the flakies a lot better in the matted version as it's not competing with the shine for my attention. One thing at the time for me.


Anyway, I might try some tiger stripes for my next mani. Or zebra, since they're practically the same, just with different colours.

Til next time, 

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...