Friday 9 October 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Teal

The needle drag technique. When it works, it can look pretty amazing. For me it was a whole new experience, so new I had to look up how to do it properly. I attempted a few times with white bases, coloured bases, a needle, a toothpick. None of it really worked. Then I decided to create the needle drag on a clear base, just in case it turned into a scrape rather than drag, and cheated a little and used a stripping brush to create the dragging effect, needles weren't just doing it for me. So I came up with this.


I started with a Ulta3's Clear as it's a fairly slow drying polish then dropped three dots of L.A. Girl's 3D Effect in Teal Dimension, a beautiful glittery teal, and dragged the stripping brush over every dot to make 'petals'. I had the idea on my head of making flowers and I didn't end up to far from it. To create a better flower shape, I added a little rhinestone to the place where petals met and topcoated the whole lot with HK Girl Fast Drying Top Coat. Not happy leaving it at that, I added three gold beads to balance the symmetry on the finger. I didn't topcoat those and I probably should have, considering I lost a bead while photographing these nails. 


I'm a bit bummed about the photos. Since I have moved and my old photo set up (i.e. my parents' backyard) is no longer readily accessible, I have to find a new place and lighting to make nails look good. The colour temperature and background in my bathroom turned out awesome but there is not enough lighting and my lamp casts funny shadows behind my hands, as you guys can see. I might have to go out to the street to make sure I get good photos . Who cares if I look like a random taking photos of my hands when everyone can see. Haha!



Till next time, 

Laura

5 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...