Saturday 3 October 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Hobbies

So I'm back on the blog and really what better way to come back that with the 40 Great Nail Art Ideas challenge. I may have lost some of my blogging mojo but I know I can get it back and will produce some better stuff as we go along.

This week's theme was hobbies. When it comes to hobbies, I have a lot. I would say I have a lot of interest in the things has to offer rather than having a impatient mind. I started with the idea of volleyball, cos it's what I do most days even I can be rather bad, but the colours weren't right, I smudged the mani, the colours I wanted to use weren't opaque enough. Then, I thought of astronomy. It's not something I do very often but I have been interested in sky gazing for at least 10 years so I figured it'd be good to do since I've never successfully done any galaxy nails. I tried again. I wouldn't say entirely successful in my attempt but I tried. 


I created a marble base with OPI's Sheer Tints I Can Teal You Like Me and Don't Violet Me Down, then applied a coat of flakies from Sephora called Snowflakes and sponged on some Space Queen by Essence to create some sort of galaxy effect. I then did another marble with the tints to create opacity and seal in the glitter. I then tried to create some constellations with a brush and some unnamed white polish but that's when it all went down. :( I topcoated it all with HK Girl Fast Drying Top Coat.


It's super sparkly IRL but I just couldn't capture with the camera. Hmm... Have to get back to practising all this skills I once had. Hehe.


Until next time, 

Laura








1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...