Saturday 28 January 2012

Nail art: a noob's tale.

I adore nail art. I'm always amazed by the beautiful and creative designs that Laqueristas and nail techs come up with. I've dabbled a little in nail art in the past, but I've never been overly impressed with the results. It always looks too messy, and not perfect enough. 

So today, I'm proud to show off some free-hand nail art that I did. It was inspired by this post, from this even more inspiring blog. I present, the Rockabilly Manicure!

Bonus: Background Boyfriend!
I used Sportsgirl Tomato for the half moon, Butter London Yummy Mummy as the base, BYS Matte Black for the leopard spots, and OPI Bling Dynasty for the leopard spot accents. A coat of Seche Vite evened out the surface of my nails and made them super shiny.

I made it one of my New Year's resolutions to be more edgy and adventurous, fashion-wise. I love the current moon manicure trend, but I've been too nervous to try it, until I saw this design.

Stay tuned for more nail art noob adventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...