Saturday 14 January 2012

Ozotic Elytra 528

Hooray, I've gotten around to posting a nail polish review! I've been agonising over what to review first, but I've finally decided on this little Australian-made beauty.


Ozotic nail polish was recommended to me by a friend and fellow laquerista. They make a range of gorgeous nail polishes with various effects (holographic, duo chrome etc.). The first Ozotic polish I purchased, Elytra 528,  is a multi-chrome particle glitter polish. The polish colour changes from pink and purple to teal and green, depending on your movements and the light hitting the polish. It's quite a thin polish, and needs to be layered over another polish. A dark polish will bring out the best in the stunning, shifting colours.




I tried to capture all the variations in colour of 528, you can see the shift from pinky-purple to green in this picture. I used 3 coats over a matte black, and then a coat of Essie Good to Go. The glitter is so fine and smooth you can get away with no top coat, but I work with my hands so I need all the help I can get to make my polish stay on! The length of my nails is a little uneven, because I lose a nail almost every shift. Speaking of work, this polish inspired tonnes of comments the first time I wore it there.



You can buy Ozotic polishes from Picture Polish. They are an Australian company, but they do ship worldwide. It is a little on the expensive side for those outside of Australia, but this colour will be a stunning jewel in anyone's polish collection, and is totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...