Tuesday 7 January 2014

January's Tri-Polish Tuesday

I'm back on The Crumpet's Tri-Polish Challenge for this month. The rules have changed slightly from last year allowing a little more flexibility. Different polishes can be used as long as one sticks to the month's colours and only one mani has to include all three colours, the rest of the month's manis need to include at least two colours. Also, as the name suggests, instead of doing the manis on the last two weeks of the month, they will be posted on Tuesday. 

Why not start with the one with all three colours? I wanted to do a mani that would mirror the colours and curve from the pinky and index fingers on the middle and ring fingers. So this is what I came up with...


Polishes used:

Orange:  Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed
Yellow:  Ulta3 in Honolulu
Red:      Essie in Silken Cord
Black:    Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out

I used a dotting tool to create the leopard spots and striping tape to create the concave lines. The lines on the middle and ring fingers were free handed. Topped it all off with two coats of Seche Vite. 



This is a very out there mani for me but I really like the combination of colours and the way the lines on the pinky and index fingers frame the spots. However...



I did a mani with leopard spots a little while ago here and I remember them being a very easy to not get wrong. I don't think some spots are terrible but there could have been a bit more separation between the black edges to have a little more definition. Like the from my index finger



I'm looking forward to creating more manis for this challenge so much, I already have a few things lined up.

Till next time, 

Laura

1 comment:

  1. The leopard print looks just so pretty on your nails ;)
    And the colors that you chose for this design look just so pretty together

    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...